Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Here I Stand


At the end of his life, the Old Testament Prophet, Samuel, stood before his congregation of hundreds of thousands of Israelites and said, "Here I stand. Testify against me in the presence of the LORD and his anointed. Whose ox have I taken? Whose donkey have I taken? Whom have I cheated? Whom have I oppressed? From whose hand have I accepted a bribe to make me shut my eyes? If I have done any of these, I will make it right.”

Amazingly, the crowd responded,

4“You have not cheated or oppressed us,” they replied. “You have not taken anything from anyone’s hand.”

I want to be able to look at the people I have served at the end of my ministry and ask for such an evaluation. Before God & man, I want to be found guiltless.


No comments:

Post a Comment